I believe my job is to make this stuff understandable by first learning what’s important to you (understanding); then formulate and implement a realistic strategy with a plan (not hope); staying in touch in good or bad times to see if your circumstances have changed (service). I believe getting this done will engage you, and then you'll be more confident!
As an Independent Financial Advisor, I believe I can improve my clients’ abilities to achieve their long-term financial goals with unbiased advice and best in class products.
I will do this by acting as your personal Chief Financial Officer (CFO), coordinating my expertise, with that of our firm and with your other council or planning professionals with the goal of finding a workable strategy for you.
Finally, I will do my best to help you preserve and provide for those people you care about most. I will work hard to build a relationship with you based on trust and integrity, always striving to provide you with the same level of ethical service that I would expect for myself.
2003 to Present | Focus Financial | Minneapolis, MN | Financial Advisor
- Currently a Registered Representative offering securities through Royal Alliance Associates, Inc., member FINRA / SIPC.
- Investment Advisor Representative with Registered Investment Advisory Focus Financial Network Inc.
- Speaker / Educator providing financial educational workshops to employee’s.
- Speaker / Educator for local area schools, on “How to pay for College?”
1998 to 2003 | C-Cor / Philips Broadband | Meridan, CT | Vice President Sales
- Managed sales group of about 40 folks | Annual budget accountability + $100m
- Learned the process of identifying long term goals and solutions for our clients.
1982–1986 University of Minnesota Minneapolis, MN | B.A., Statistics and Computer Science
- General Securities Representative – Series 7
- Uniform Combined State Law Exam – Series 66
- Insurance Producer Life, Accident, and Health
I am a proud father of 2 fantastic daughters, and a grateful husband to my wife Jean of 20 years. I enjoy golf, sailing, skiing, and hiking.
SERVICES & CLIENT EXPERIENCE
I focus in working with small business owners, and individuals for personal financial planning. My services specialize in the following areas:
- Retirement and wealth planning: strategies that work for you
- Education funding | How to pay for college
- Investment selection and management: (risk analysis and asset allocation)
- Income tax reduction strategies
- Life, health, disability and long term care insurances – navigating these seas
- Estate Planning, stock options, restricted stock, and other ancillary matters
Small Business Planning
- Exit | Succession Strategies — retain as much as you can.
- Business Benefit Consulting: Retirement Plans (Profit Sharing, 401Ks), Health Plans (HSA’s, FLEX), Disability, Long Term Care.
- Employee Retention: key employee benefits